Translate

The content and opinions expressed in this blog are mine. They do not represent the US Government or US Peace Corps - Jud Dolphin

Tuesday, May 3

Balkan Art Opportunities

Sometimes an art opportunity enters my mind, but so do lots of thoughts.  Then it taps me on the shoulder - pay attention! And then, it introduces me to another artist.  Here's what happens...  

I'm wandering through the old town of Kotor, Montenegro. I'm relishing the atmosphere.  Cobble stones under foot and 18th and 19th century buildings stretching before me, fill my mind with painting ideas.  

I'm enjoying every twist and turn of the streets.  Or I should I say, more accurately, alleyways.  In some places I stretch my arms from wall to wall.  It's narrow and so old Europe.   

As I'm ambling along, I happen upon an art gallery.  Surprisingly, the proprietor is a water-colorist.  Many of his works are on display.  We start talking art.  It's an unexpected pleasure.  Soon he has me at a cafe across from the gallery buying me a cup of espresso.  He sits me down to a tutorial on ink drawing with bamboo pens. 

What fun.   Art has grabbed me! 
   
I spend the rest of the day taking pictures.  Here are a few that could become paintings.  I'm thinking you can help me decide.

Just send and email back with your first choice and maybe a second.  The one with the most votes will become my subject.  In a way we will do art together.

What do you say?  Give it a try and send an email of your choice(s),  Each is labeled below.

I look forward to hearing from you...really.  


Number 1

Number 2


Number 3

Number 4

Number 5



Number 6


Number 7



Number 8



Number 9


Number 10


Number 11
Number 12

2 comments:

  1. Number 9 Jud. It captures the whole story.
    The cultural heritage *the Church*. The architecture that is really why many of the people visit Kotor. The real life of locals and the tourism they make their living upon. Plus, there is a spirit of the sea in the wall that dominates the photo. It is damaged by the sea salt. I would have bite this possibly wrong info if I was the one walking the streets of Kotor ). Have a great rest of the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I vote for 7, 11, and 12!

    ReplyDelete